Basic Critical Care Nursing Course
The Basic Critical Care Nursing Course is a five day program intended to provide the new nurses with an overview of critical care nursing practice. It will present the physiological concepts that will be the basis of understanding the diseases and nursing assessment. The course will offer an opportunity for nurses to develop critical thinking by integrating knowledge about the disease, assessment, intervention and management.
The course will have a four-day didactic and one-day workshop period to enable the participants to develop basic skills necessary in a simulated environment.
After the course, the participants will be able to:
- Discuss an overview of the conceptual foundation of critical care nursing
- Scope of critical care nursing practice
- Use of the nursing process
- Critical care environment
- Describe the phenomena of concern in critical care nursing
- Breathing, Tissue perfusion and gas exchange
- Cardiac electrical activity
- Regulation of fluid and electrolyte balance
- Identify patient care problems through appropriate assessment in relation to the
- Cardiovascular system
- Pulmonary system
- Neurologic system
- Renal system
- Demonstrate basic skills in utilizing the following
- Hemodynamic monitoring
- Mechanical ventilation
- Neurological assessment tools
- Cardiovascular drug support formulas and dosages
- Formulate a comprehensive plan of care for the critically – ill adult and pediatric patient.
Approx. 40 CEU
Exact credit units upon approval of PRC
|MEMBER FEE||NON MEMBER FEE|
|We encourage registering at least 2 weeks prior to secure the slot.|
|Php 4,500.00||Php 5,500.00|
Inclusion: Certificate, Lunch and snacks, Handouts and Usage of equipments and facilities KINDLY TEXT OR CALL US AND VISIT OUR FACEBOOK PAGE. JUST ADD "CRITICAL CARE NURSES"