Pitfalls of Resuscitation
The PITFALLS IN RESUSCITATION is a 16 hours course that will help nurses acquire advanced scientific knowledge, skills and attitude (KSA) with the necessary courage to render the appropriate interventions at the given specific time during resuscitation. Every action and intervention should be based on the protocols, algorithms and evidence - based practices. However, there are occasions during resuscitation that unintentionally lead to gaps or pitfalls. Hence, this seminar will focus on the common breaks in protocol that can decrease the success of a resuscitation process.
After the course, the participants shall:
- Comprehend the different physiological events that leads to resuscitation
- Understand the ILCOR AHA Guidelines of Resuscitation
- Describe the Phases of Arrest
- Learn the technique of Team Dynamics
- Enumerate events that will lead to pitfalls during a resuscitation